Hey, I sent you a dm! Let’s hear the story of Instagram.
What a quiet place it would be without Instagram! Today we can’t even imagine a world without social media, almost everyone today has a profile sharing their life memories on the application and interacting with people all around the world. Well, there was a world without Instagram once and not long ago either!
Today we shall unravel how the application came into being and quickly became a social media giant.
Birth of Instagram
After much trial and error, sleepless nights, and diligent hard work, the social media application finally made an entrance on Oct. 06.2010. However, just like any other successful enterprise, there is, it wasn’t an overnight hit.
Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger launched this photo-sharing app that facilitated people to share photos, videos, gifs, keep status/stories, as well as communicate with people all around the world.
Timeline of Instagram
- On Oct. 06.2010 Instagram came into being. And already had 25 users on its first day.
- On December 12th, Instagram hit the 1 million band.
- On September 20, 2011, the social media introduced a new set of filters which allowed the users to explore more interesting features further attracting new users due to this feature.
- On April 3, 2012, the company created a version for androids s well, further increasing their users.
- On April 9, 2012, Facebook buys the company.
- February 22, 2017: multiple photos per post
The social media application soon enough became a media giant with famous celebrities like actors, singers, sports personalities and so on started using the app, acquiring major following from their fans on the app.
Currently, the most followed person on the app is a female singer Ariana Grande. The most liked picture on the app is of an Egg from the account @world_record_egg. A jaw-dropping amount of likes i.e 55 million, was solely made for the purpose to surpass Kiley Jenner’s photo that previously held the place of the most liked picture on the application.